Template Editato By Force Downs

Key Lime Digital Designs: Spring Organizing

Key Lime Digital Designs: Spring Organizing

Link to Key Lime Digital Designs

Spring Organizing

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 11:10 PM PST


Brian and I where browsing Netflix earlier this week and we stumbled across the show Hoarders. Let me tell you, Hoarders is not a pretty show. It is pretty disgusting actually, and appalling. I can’t even fathom how someone could live in such a disaster zone. I mean, really?! But, the show was also educational and explained that Hoarding is a real thing, a strong compulsive disorder that ruins lives. I am not trying to make light of anyone who has to deal with this situation in their life. All I am saying is that between watching that show and the natural spring cleaning instinct I was really kicked  into the Spring Cleaning mood!

And I guess I should clarify what I mean by spring cleaning. I don’t mean cleaning out closets full of stuff or going through a garage full of boxes. We just moved 3,000 miles across an ocean. We don’t have that much stuff. So for me “spring cleaning” really just means making sure we stay organized.

Like I mentioned, when we moved to Hawaii we only brought the essentials… and that didn’t include any sort of storage containers or bins. Up until my yesterday we had just been making it work aka … stacking our items as nicely as possible in the bathroom cabinet and hall closet.

But after watching Hoarders, I decided that making a “stack” [no matter how nice and small] would no longer work for me. So, I headed over to my favorite store, Target.

I found some very cute [pictured above] blue, green and white storage bins. My goal when I was looking at storage bins for the bathroom was to find something that was cute and also really functional.  Between the three of us our stuff [brush, contacts, make-up bag, deodorant] had all been sitting on the shelves mixed together. But, not anymore!

I bought three bins, one of each color. Blue for me [yes, the biggest. haha], green for hubby, and white for SJ. I took all our bathroom stuff and separated it into individuals piles and organized it in our personal bins. Now when we are getting ready in the morning we can each pull out our bin, use our stuff, and put the bin back in the cabinet. Or at least that is the plan.

Here are some other cute storage bins and organizing ideas I have found online…

Have you started spring cleaning and organizing your house? Isn’t it funny how the weather instinctively tells us to clean out the winter dust?

No comments:

Post a Comment