Template Editato By Force Downs

You'll like to work with us

If you can't see pictures Click HERE to View It Online
Now the first question that occurs to the inquiring mind--    which is but a graceful periphrasis for the present writer--when it comes to examine in detail the    peculiarities of deserts is just this: Why are there places on the earth's surface on which rain never falls?    What makes it so uncommonly dry in Sahara when it's so unpleasantly wet and so unnecessarily foggy in this    realm of England? And the obvious answer is, of course, that deserts exist only in those parts of the world    where the run of mountain ranges, prevalent winds, and ocean currents conspire to render the average rainfall    as small as possible.
But, strangely enough, there is a large irregular belt of the    great eastern continent where these peculiar conditions occur in an almost unbroken line for thousands of miles    together, from the west coast of Africa to the borders of China: and it is in this belt that all the best known    deserts of the world are actually situated. In one place it is the Atlas and the Kong mountains (now don't    pretend, as David Copperfield's aunt would have said, you don't know the Kong mountains); at another place it    is the Arabian coast range, Lebanon, and the Beluchi hills; at a third, it is the Himalayas and the Chinese    heights that intercept and precipitate all the moisture from the clouds. But, from whatever variety of local    causes it may arise, the fact still remains the same, that all the great deserts run in this long, almost    unbroken series, beginning with the greater and the smaller Sahara, continuing in the Libyan and Egyptian    desert, spreading on through the larger part of Arabia, reappearing to the north as the Syrian desert, and to    the east as the desert of Rajputana (the Great Indian Desert of the Anglo-Indian mind), while further east    again the long line terminates in the desert of Gobi on the Chinese frontier.
You do not like my writhing and my straight, open look? Oh, my    head is heavy--therefore I sway about so quietly. Oh, my head is heavy--therefore I look so straight ahead, as    I sway about. Come closer to me. Give me a little warmth; stroke my wise forehead with your fingers; in its    fine outlines you will find the form of a cup into which flows wisdom, the dew of the evening-flowers. When I    draw the air by my writhing, a trace is left in it--the design of the finest of webs, the web of dream-charms,    the enchantment of noiseless movements, the inaudible hiss of gliding lines. I am silent and I sway myself. I    look ahead and I sway myself. What strange burden am I carrying on my neck?
30 And the priests and the Levites purified themselves, and purified the people, and the gates, and the wall read more

No comments:

Post a Comment