Template Editato By Force Downs

Key Lime Digital Designs: Inspiration Translation

Key Lime Digital Designs: Inspiration Translation

Link to Key Lime  {A Creative Pixel &  Paper Blog}

Inspiration Translation

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 05:23 PM PDT


[image source :: Sweet Pickins]

When I design a blog, logo, website, etc… I always ask my clients to give me examples of other work that they like. Not so that I can copy it, but so that I can use those pieces as inspiration and see what style they are looking for. Here is an example.

[Which I totally made up by the way] ….

Emma’s mom emails me and asks me to do a little invitation to send to grandparents for her piano recital. Emma’s mom also send me the photo above {the adorable couch from Sweet Pickins} and says she want the invite to have the same style.

When I design Emma’s invitation it might look something like this…

So the inspiration and the invitation are similar but not the same. They have the same font, Pacifico. They both have brighter, contrasting colors, patterns and wood/wood grain element.

So, that’s how it works. Now you have taken a peak in my designing brain.

:: Image in invitation done by DFP Photogarphy

No comments:

Post a Comment